at St Edward’s Hall, Stow on the Wold. Click here for map.
A selection of English, Continental and New World layouts.
Adults £2.50, children under 16 free.
Cakes and refreshments available.
StowRail 2017 on Sunday 21st May raised £1,447 for Action Medical Research.
Action Medical Research is a UK-wide charity funding vital research to help sick and disabled babies and children. Despite enormous progress in medicine, all around the UK today there are hundreds of thousands of sick and disabled children who need your help. Research is the key to saving many of these children from a lifetime of suffering. Children like Emily born six weeks early as a result of her mum developing pre-eclampsia, Joey who at five was diagnosed with brain cancer and Noah who age three stopped talking and understanding speech and was diagnosed with the rare brain condition Landau Kleffner syndrome. We’re here to help save and change the lives of children like these but can only do this with your support.
For over 60 years we’ve been saving and changing lives through medical research and have spent over £115m, funding some amazing breakthroughs including:
- Helping introduce the first polio vaccines in the UK.
- Discovering the importance of taking folic acid before and during pregnancy to prevent spina bifida.
- Developing the use of ultrasound technology in pregnancy.
- Creating the Matrix Seating System to help support physically disabled children as they grow.
- Testing the rubella vaccine.
- Pioneering a unique portable fetal heart rate monitor.
- Contributing to the development of groundbreaking cooling therapy to prevent brain damage in babies.
Right now we have some of the best medical minds in children’s hospitals and universities across the UK waiting to start research that could lead to the next life-changing treatments for babies and children. They just need the funding.
01451 830541 (work)